Couples often have the hardest time making choices for their wedding. It may almost seem impossible to get thing done in time, and most wedding planners usually advice on starting as early as possible, typically six months before the big day. Of course, not everyone is interested in hiring a wedding planner, but in that case, it is necessary to look for more options. If you are tying the knot in Minneapolis and want to find a good venue, we have a guide below that may come in handy!
- Decide on the type. Fortunately, there are a bunch of banquet halls and event spaces in Minneapolis that can be considered for a given budget. In case you don’t want to go for one of the obvious locations, we would recommend restored buildings. There are quite a few restored buildings that can double up as retro wedding venues, and these venues can be considered for any kind of theme you have in mind.
- Discuss the guest list. If you have more than 200 guests, you definitely have a grand wedding in mind, and your guest list will determine the venue you can choose. You don’t want people to feel cramped on that special day, so select something that’s large and airy enough.
- Insist on a personal visit, at least twice. You cannot select a wedding venue in Minneapolis by visiting the place once. Most venues are open to clients, but you may have to seek an appointment, which must be checked for. When you visit the venue, check what the venue has to offer and whether you can have the arrangements and décor you are looking for. Visualizing the space is particularly necessary.
- Think of vendors. You will need a bunch of vendors at the wedding -decorators, caterers, servers and more, and many venues do have restrictions on who can be hired. Before you book the place, ensure that you have enough flexibility to work with the people you like, and do discuss the requirements in detail.
- Don’t miss the basics. Always select a venue that’s located at the heart of Minneapolis and is easily accessible. If you have guests who are expected to stay for more than a day, you may want to check for hotels, and don’t forget to check the number of parking spaces available.
Shortlist the best wedding venues in Minneapolis now and confirm your booking!